Top Mortgage Solutions
Reviews and Ratings for Financial adviser Simon Rushbrooke, Southampton

Critical Illness

A critical illness policy normally pays out a tax free lump sum on the diagnosis of certain specified critical illnesses
critical illness

A critical illness policy normally pays out a tax free lump sum on the diagnosis of certain specified critical illnesses. Most policies will pay out following the diagnosis of heart disease, stroke, renal failure, cancer, paralysis, major organ transplant and coronary artery bypass surgery as well as a range of other conditions. Over recent years the number of diseases covered by a typical policy has increased to more than 25. One normally has to survive 14 days after the diagnosis of a serious illness to ensure payment.

With rapid medical advances the chances of surviving a major illness are greater than ever however the financial consequences of suffering a major life changing illness can be very substantial. The one-off payment from this type of policy is designed to help you cope with these costs which will typically include the need to adapt your home or car and/or undertake training for a different occupation.

Critical illness cover may be taken out on its own or included in ones mortgage protection policy to remove ones mortgage payments from your affairs should one suffer such an illness. If one has a mortgage policy it may be advisable to have a separate ‘stand alone’ policy to make sure that in addition to ones mortgage being paid off one has enough money to cover the above costs.

Mortgage Advice

Z Access to exclusive mortgage interest rates

Z Access to more than just High Street lenders

Z Self-Employed products available

Z Bad Credit considered

Z Solutions for Buy to Let or Let to Buy

Z Access to Secured Loans

Z Access to Bridging finance

Z Access to Commercial Mortgages

We always aim to provide a high quality service to our customers. However, if you encounter any problems and we are unable to resolve them you can take your complaint to an independent Ombudsman. Our advice is covered under the Financial Ombudsman Service (www. You may be able to submit a claim through the EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform ( if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.)”